Place Marketing Supremo appointed as Chief Executive
A proven leader in the marketing and communications sector has been appointed to take the helm at the organisation charged with promoting Nottingham & Nottinghamshire as a destination for inward investment, tourism and talent. Brendan Moffett will join Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire as its first permanent Chief Executive later this month.
Brendan brings with him a wealth of experience in industry, where he has held a number of marketing positions at a senior level. He also has a strong background in place marketing, having had a similar role in Sheffield for several years.
Paul Southby, Chair of Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire said “Brendan joins us at an exciting time, as we develop a fresh identity and narrative for the city and county, step up the effort to attract investment and talent from London and put in place a new model for working with the local business community to promote our fantastic offer. I have no doubt his leadership and insight will help us put Nottingham and Nottinghamshire firmly on the map, building on the excellent progress made to date by the existing management team.”
Brendan is currently a director at Sheffield-based Jaywing Plc, one of the fastest-growing marketing services companies in the UK. He will be leaving the company at the end of October and in the meantime will be phasing into his role at Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire before starting full-time in November. Brendan said “This is a very exciting role, the region has major growth potential and I am looking forward to working closely with the team and our partners to make it happen”.
Portfolio Holder for Business, Growth and Transport at Nottingham City Council, Councillor Nick McDonald, said: “I’m delighted with Brendan’s appointment to this important role to help promote Nottingham as a tourist and business destination. We have a great deal to shout about and I’m confident in Brendan’s abilities to help us raise our profile which ultimately will help to bring jobs and growth to the city and county.”
Councillor Diana Meale, Chair of Economic Development Committee at Nottinghamshire County Council, said: “I am delighted that Brendan is joining us to promote the excellent opportunities offered by Nottinghamshire and Nottingham to companies and visitors. A marketing professional, he brings a wealth of experience in both the private and public sectors. I look forward to working with him.”
– ENDS –
Sarah Thursfield, Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire firstname.lastname@example.org / 0115 962 8300
Notes to editors:
- Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire is the place marketing organisation for the city and county, responsible for attracting inward investment, visitors and talent.
- The not-for-profit company was formed by merging the operations of Experience Nottinghamshire (leisure and business tourism), Invest in Nottingham (inward investment), and Nottingham Means Business (local business engagement) in April 2016.
- The organisation derives its income from a variety of public and private sector sources, including the City and County Councils, and subscriptions from some 700 members.
- The company’s Board has 12 directors, 9 from the private sector and 3 from local authorities. The Chair, Paul Southby, is a partner at Nottingham law firm Geldards.
- Brendan Moffett will be available for interview from late September when he will formally take up the post.