Celebrate National Photography Day in Nottingham
Saturday 19th August sees the return of a celebration for all those selfie lovers out there – the National Photography Day – and we couldn’t miss this great opportunity to share some of our favourite snaps taken around Nottingham and Nottinghamshire and posted on Instagram using #lovenotts.
Without further ado, here is our top 5 photos taken by lovely people of Instagram.
1. Nottingham’s Lace Market is rich not only in history, quirky shops and cafes, but also in urban art. This photo shows a great example of Lace Market’s street art displayed on the building where Nottingham College and a host of new media and PR companies are based. A collective or artists from around Nottinghamshire demonstrated how street art can bring a building to life and make it quirky and interesting for visitor and locals alike. Each image has a direct link to a famous Nottingham character – next time you are in Nottingham don’t forget to check it out for yourself and see if you can guess the connections.
2. For this second shot we’re staying in the Lace Market, in fact all you need to do it turn around and you’ll see the glorious Adams Building. This Grade II listed superstructure was formerly a lace showroom and warehouse, and is said to be the largest and finest example of a Victorian lace warehouse to survive in the country. Now a part of Nottingham College’s campus it’s unfortunately not available for tourists but you can always take a bunch of cools shots of the outside – like the one below, or have a sumptuous meal in the Adams Restaurant & Brasserie.
Walking around Nottingham today, and photographed The Adams Building in the historical Lace Market district (my favourite part of the city). It was formerly a lace showroom and warehouse from 1855, and the largest example of a Victorian lace warehouse to survive in the country. #archilovers #fiftyshades_of_history #lovenotts #mynottingham #total_united_kingdom #capturingbritain #mybritain #instabritain #icu_britain #kings_gothic #photosofbritain #bbcbritain #uk_greatshots #loves_united_kingdom #lovegreatbritain #sky_brilliance #sky_painters #sky_perfection #cityscape
A post shared by Garett (@entombedreverie) on
3. People say that all they miss when they’re in Nottingham is a beach, well. . . ta-da, you’re welcome 🙂 Nottingham’s annual urban beach dates back to 1991 and opens every year from July time up until the beginning of September. There’s always a host of fun activities to join while you’re at Nottingham’s beach, like the exciting flying swings shown on the below photo. You can also have a cocktail in one of the beach bars or sunbathe when the weather allows. The choices are endless, it’s a beach after all.
4. On Wednesday 16th August Nottingham entered the race to become European Capital of Culture 2023 and we think this photo taken at the launch of the bid is a great example of Nottingham’s enthusiasm. You can support the bid by submitting your name and email on Nottingham 2023 website. Pledge your support if you believe Nottingham can do it!
A post shared by Genevieve Preece (@genevievehelenacecilia) on
5. A new Academic year is about to begin very soon and both the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University are getting ready to welcome freshers as well as all returning students back to their campuses. The photograph below taken at the Park Campus of the University of Nottingham shows the spectacular Trent Building almost within students’ grasp. The building looks really small on this photo but you’ll be surprised when you arrive at the campus and see it in real life – it’s significantly bigger than you’d think.
It’s almost in your grasp! Big day for our prospective students tomorrow – we can’t wait to celebrate your exam results and welcome you to the #universityofnottingham . by @johnmoeeain . . #uniofnottingham #lovenotts #nottingham #picoftheday #uniofnotts #nature #universitypark #trentbuilding #photography #highfieldspark #goodluck #examresults #resultsday
Check out all those great sights and share your photos with us on Instagram using #lovenotts and you may be featured in one of our future blogs.