Things to do this weekend, 16th – 18th December
Kick start your weekend with our guide of top six things to do in Nottinghamshire. We’re sure you’ll find plenty to your liking in this handy guide, or on our What’s On pages. For more ideas and inspiration, get social with us on Twitter and Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
1.This Friday sees the start of the Weather Extremes: Making and Breaking Records in Nottinghamshire exhibition at Lakeside Arts. The exhibition will be on display until 26th March 2017. Visit the exhibition this Friday and explore the history of extreme weather events in Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
2. There’s a skating UV Paint party going on at the National Ice Centre this Friday. You’ll be glowing in the dark with UV paint and skating to your favourite chart hits and festive tunes. Book in advance to guarantee your place! Find out more about other Christmas skating parties at the NIC here.
3. Get into the Christmas spirit with FREE carols event at Green’s Windmill this Saturday. It’s a real treat for all the family, complete with a lantern-lit mill yard, mince pies and mulled wine of course!
4. And in the evening enjoy a unique high-energy funk and soul band that will have you jumping up and down all night at Riverbank Bar and Kitchen.
5. The annual FREE Christmas event at the Arboretum is taking place this Sunday so wrap up warm and enjoy mince pies and mulled wine. The trees will be lit up and festive music will be performed in the bandstand.
6. Also on Sunday you can meet Santa in his grotto at the Nottingham Industrial Museum. There will be hot drinks and mince pies for all, and the collection of static and portable engines in steam including the fantastic Basford Beam Engine in all its glory.