STARS Shine at Local Awards
On Thursday 9 June Experience Nottinghamshire announced the winners of this year’s Nottinghamshire STARS Awards, honouring individuals and businesses that make an outstanding contribution to the leisure, culture, tourism and hospitality industries in the county.
The glittering Moulin Rouge themed ceremony took place at Nottingham’s Crowne Plaza and saw over 240 people paying homage to the 30 nominees and the 11 award winners.
Congratulations to the following Nottinghamshire Tourism members, winning six of the 11 awards.
- Excellence in customer service, Yvonne Stone, The Mill, Rufford Country Park
- Outstanding young manager, Alison Turner, Jurys Inn Nottingham
- Best new entrant, Lindsay Jones, Hodsock Priory, Blyth
- Best new venture, Debbie Bryan Studio & Shop, Debbie Bryan Studio & Shop, Nottingham
- Best ambassador for the industry, Paul Thacker, Park Plaza Nottingham
- Outstanding contribution to the industry, Riverside Group UK LTD (Riverbank, Tom Browns and Farndon Boathouse)
The awards were supported by a number of Nottinghamshire Tourism members who provided the room decorations, wine, canapés, dinner menus, charity raffle prizes, photography and much more. Some of these include…
- Qbase Media (AV and staging)
- Rutland Square Hotel (canapés)
- Doub7e Seven (Room theming and table decorations)
- All About Tourism (wine)
- Monkie (print)