See Nottingham in a new light: Light Night 2016
Nottingham’s most popular after dark event, Light Night, returns for its ninth year on Friday 5 February 2016, 4pm til late.
With over 50 FREE events around the city, Light Night attracts visitors of all ages to see the city in a new light, with interactive lighting installations, light displays, artworks, creative events, night markets and live music, all contributing to a festive celebration. There is something for everyone – from free family fun, to creative cultural experiences and fantastic music concerts.
Participating venues include Nottingham Castle, Nottingham Playhouse, National Videogame Arcade, Theatre Royal Nottingham, Lace Market Gallery and numerous businesses throughout the Creative Quarter.
Highlights on the night include:
- Free entry to Nottingham Castle, live music in the Castle grounds and interactive light installations.
- Light sabre sword fights at the Robin Hood statue outside Nottingham Castle.
- Light Night market with food, craft and children’s glow worm making workshops.
- Physics Buskers perform amazing tricks with light in the Old Market Square.
- Nottingham’s most historic church, St Mary’s, hosting choir performances and a lace-inspired light installation in the churchyard.
- Light Night installation and twilight gaming in the lobby at the National Videogame Arcade.
- A silent disco in Trinity Square with some of Nottingham’s top DJs.
In addition to the 50+ listed events, many more events will pop-up on the night, so that visitors will find delightful Light Night displays right across the city centre.
Event listing details: Light Night 2016
Location: Nottingham city centre, various locations
Date and time: Friday 5 February, 4pm til late
Event description: See Nottingham in a new light when the annual Light Night event returns on 5 February, with more than 50 free events and installations right across the city centre. Enjoy interactive lighting displays, new artworks, night markets and live music.
IMAGES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE.
For further information or images, please contact: Erin Huckle, PR Manager, Experience Nottinghamshire, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0115 962 8304 / 07411 355 293