Newly refurbished Holme Pierrepont Country Park opens
Following £6.7m worth of investment, Holme Pierrepont Country Park, home of the National Water Sports Centre in Nottinghamshire, one of the UK’s premier sporting venues and outdoor leisure attractions, officially opened its doors on Friday 23 May.
As well as a change of name, the Holme Pierrepont Country Park has undergone significant improvements designed to enhance the facilities across the 270-acre site. The attraction now has a brand new Family Fun Park for visitors to enjoy which consists of the exciting new Sky Trail, High Rope course, Mini Golf course, Cycle and Segway hire and a Country Park Café.
The introduction of the Family Fun Park includes a range of new activities for the family:
- Refurbished reception area, meeting room and conferencing facilities
- Refurbished accommodation and new catering options
- A brand new gym providing a range of the latest cardiovascular and resistance training equipment, as well as a specific strength and conditioning area
- Refurbished changing facilities in both the Lakeside main building and at the White Water Course
- E-Combat Outdoor Laser Tag which was opened in 2013
This significant investment will ensure that the site is a superb community facility for local residents as well as a top class training and sporting venue for talented local and international athletes.
Not only were Brian Taylor, Chairman of Holme Pierrepont Leisure Trust and Councillor John Knight, Culture Committee Chairman at Nottinghamshire County Council thrilled with the improvements made to the site, but also London 2012 Gold Medal Slalom Canoeist, Etienne Stott.
Etienne said: “I’m really glad that there has been investment in the National Water Sports Centre. I think it’s a great facility, with all sorts of activities now on offer in one place. The introduction of the new activities will improve the whole experience and enable people to have more fun!”
For more information visit www.nwscnotts.com