Love Notts Photography Competition
On Friday 18 November 2011, Experience Nottinghamshire finally revealed the final 30 pictures in our photography competition. The hunt is now on to find the People’s Choice, with public voting taking place on the official Experience Nottinghamshire Facebook page, Love Notts.
Launched last month, the competition has been open to local people to find the best images of Nottinghamshire places. The best image judged by Experience Nottinghamshire staff will appear as the front cover of our new 2012 official visitor guide for the city and county.
Since the competition went live on our website, over 200 pictures have been sent in to the competition and the calibre of images is extremely high. Many of Nottinghamshire’s most beautiful attractions have been included such as Clumber Park, Newstead Abbey, Bestwood Country Park and of course, Sherwood Forest National Nature Reserve.
The most popular featured attraction though has to be Wollaton Hall with 6 entries in the final list of 30 photographs. Of the final images only a few photographers feature more than once showing the strength and diversity of the images that Experience Nottinghamshire received.
Already, one image has been chosen as the signature shot for the official destination website’s homepage banner for winter and Christmas, Lisa Hall’s East Markham Snow (above). The background banner will appear on the website later this week.
The final chosen 30 photographs that are available via the Love Notts Facebook page are:
- Bluebells atCliftonWoods by Sylvia Schwarz
- ClumberParkby Walden Effingham
- Dappled Light Sherwood by Graham Williams
- East MarkhamSnow by Lisa Hall
- HighfieldsParkby Alan Metheringham
- LimeTreeAvenueClumberParkby Walden Effingham
- Lone Tree by Sally Outram
- Newstead Abbey by Keith Turner
- Newstead Abbey by Steven Glass
- NottinghamContemporary by Colin Gray
- NottinghamFloral Sculpture by Alan Metheringham
- NottinghamNites by Gerry Molumby
- OldMarket Squareby Colin Gray
- Pastoral by Chris Jesinger
- Southwell by Marie Bunting
- Hay Bales on Ruddington Moor by Craig Simmons
- TrentBridgeby Neil Hunt
- Web Designer by Matt Alvey
- Wilford Toll Bridge Winter View by Ian Bennett
- Wollaton Hall by Marzia Falcone
- Wollaton Hall by Sandra Hardy
- Wollaton Hall by Steve Adams
- Wollaton in Snow by Laura van Weyenbergh
- WollatonParkby Gerry Molumby
- WollatonParkLakeby Alan Metheringham
- Woodsetts Pond near Worksop by Emma Kenmore
- Attenborough Nature Reserve Winter by Alan Metheringham
- Autumn atClumberParkby Marie Bunting
- Bentinck Void Annesley Woodhouse by Alison Loydall
- BestwoodCountryParkby Ryan Ball
To vote for your favourite, all you need to do is visit the official Experience Nottinghamshire Love Notts Facebook page and like the image which you think is best. The closing date for public voting is Friday 2 December 2011.
Sounds easy doesn’t it? Just be prepared to drool over some of the images and find it increasingly hard not to vote for all of them.
A huge congratulations to all our finalists!
Should you want to request a copy of the new 2012 visitor guide as soon as it’s released at the end of January, please contact the Nottingham tourism centre on 08444 77 5678.