Hit the beach in Nottingham this summer
Nottingham’s popular urban beach, ‘The Deliveroo Beach’, returns to Old Market Square this summer, bringing all the fun of the seaside to the heart of the city from today, 22 July.
With 250 tonnes of sand, a paddling pool for children, deck chairs, seaside rides, food vendors and a beach bar, the Nottingham urban beach attracts thousands of families and visitors to the city each summer.
Nottinghamshire might be the most landlocked county in the country, but it doesn’t stop the city from celebrating the seaside each year. The Deliveroo Beach is free to visit, and will also host a number of fantastic events throughout the summer, including live music performances and entertainers.
New for 2016 is a high-flying ‘Around the World’ swing ride, offering a thrilling ride above the city with great views of Nottingham in the sunshine. For those keen to keep their feet on the ground, traditional seaside arcade games such as ‘Hook a Duck’ are also on offer.
Name: The Deliveroo Beach
Dates: 22 July – 4 September 2016
Times: 10am – 11pm
Cost: FREE. Charges for food, drinks and rides apply.
Enjoy a beach-themed break in Nottingham this summer, with other seaside highlights including:
- Stay in one of the beach hut rooms at the Igloo Hybrid Ho[s]tel, located in the heart of the city and offering double rooms (shared bathroom) starting from just £39 per room.
- Book a beach hut booth at George’s Great British Kitchen, and enjoy the best fish and chips in Nottingham, freshly made candy floss and beach-themed cocktails.
- Pick up some Nottingham rock from The Treat Kitchen, which also offers a wide range of sweets and homemade fudge.
- Hit the water and hire a row boat at Highfields Park, and enjoy its picturesque boating lake.
- Visit the National Water Sports Centre to take part in a wide range of water sports including white water rafting, kayaking and water skiing.
A selection of images is available to download here.
For more information on the Deliveroo Beach in Nottingham, contact: Erin Huckle/Linda Parker, Experience Nottinghamshire: PR@experiencenottinghamshire.com /0115 962 8300