February half term fun in Nottinghamshire
There’s plenty going on in Nottingham during this year’s February half term to keep your little ones entertained. And to help you out organise their time we’ve put together our top picks for the whole family to enjoy.
1. Visit The Harley Gallery for a host of fantastic Lego-themed activities this half term including interactive storytelling, hands-on Lego activities, paint-a-pot Workshops, and Lego brick building time trials. While you’re there don’t forget to explore the new Brick Wonders – Ancient, Natural and Modern Marvels in Lego exhibition, which proves to be very popular with the children of all ages.
2. Join Nottingham Contemporary every day from Tuesday 14th until Sunday 19th February for free family workshops. Activities include making clay sculptures, drawing collages and much more.
3. Head to Broadway Cinema on Saturday 11th February with your little ones and explore a world of art, science and technology this half term at the children’s Explorers Fair. You’ll be able to try out the latest gadgets, games and technology, be inspired by amazing artists, scientists and inventors, and get hands-on with exciting experiments and spectacular science.
4. intu Victoria Centre is cooking up some tasty events for this February half term. Join the free fun activities throughout the school holidays, as the centre will be whipping up a tasty week filled with fun cooking themed activities for all your little chefs. Events will run everyday from 13th till 19th February, 11am to 4pm, with plenty to choose from.
5. Take your little ones to Lakeside Arts this half term to learn about ancient history through fun and games. Activities run from 14th till 17th February and are completely free. The kids will be encouraged to make their own special cards or decoration based on patterns from the beautiful medieval tiles, make their own prehistoric necklace or wristband, and even create an Anglo-Saxon pot out of clay – which make great pencil holders by the way. For more details go to our dedicated event page.
6. Visit Twinlakes for a magical Princess Day Out. With princess activities from 11th till 26th February, the little ones will be thoroughly entertained, as they twirl and swirl their way around the Park! Dress as a princess this February half term and you will receive a free return ticket to Robin Hood’s Wheelgate Park!
For more ideas and inspiration, got to our What’s on page and search by date for best results. You can also get social with us on Twitter and Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and share your half term adventures.