Experience Nottinghamshire launches official visitor guide for Nottinghamshire 2016/17
Experience Nottinghamshire has launched the new edition of the official visitor guide for Nottinghamshire, providing visitors to the city and county with inspiration on things to do, must attend events, places to visit and where to stay. With 50,000 copies published, the guide is distributed across the country and via key attractions, tourist information centres and hotels in Nottinghamshire and beyond. It is also available online here.
The guide features a welcome by BAFTA Award winning actress Vicky McClure, in which she outlines her love of Nottingham and her favourite places to visit in the city and the county, and an iconic image of Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest on its cover.
Inside, it offers an extensive list of almost 500 tourism businesses in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, from bars and restaurants to retailers, accommodation providers, visitor attractions and tour guides.
Editorial features include:
- A round-up of major events happening in the next twelve months
- Top attractions for families and children
- Nottingham’s sporting credentials as England’s Home of Sport
- Activities and events for adrenalin junkies
- Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest experiences
- Garden attractions in Nottinghamshire in celebration of the Year of the English Garden
- Celebrations taking place to mark 800 years since the death of King John at Newark Castle
- A time-travelling feature focusing on the top heritage attractions
- Nottinghamshire’s grand cultural experiences – such as the new Harley Gallery opening
- A feature on literary highlights to celebrate Nottingham’s UNESCO City of Literature status
- An art by tram feature outlining cultural venues on the newly extended tram route
- Festival fever – festivals happening across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- Shopping highlights around Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- Drinking and dining inspiration
- Pampering spa breaks and working holidays
Sarah Thursfield, Marketing Manager of Experience Nottinghamshire said the guide was a fantastic reminder of the array of experiences available in the city and county, for locals and visitors alike: “We’re so lucky in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, there really is something for everyone – whether you’re a gaming enthusiast, culture vulture, sports fan, heritage lover or foodie – you’ll never be short of things to do and places to visit. The visitor guide is a great resource for locals looking to explore the offer on their own doorstep, and also acts as inspiration for visitors planning their time here.”
Download your copy online, or visit Nottingham Tourist Information Centre on Smithy Row to pick-up a copy.
For further information or images, please contact: Erin Huckle, PR Manager, Experience Nottinghamshire, email@example.com / 0115 962 8304 / 07411 355 293