With its exposed timber and over-hanging windows, The Prince Rupert pub is one of the most distinctive in Newark. Dating back to medieval times, the building was first licensed as a public house in 1580 when it was known as The Woolpack. Its current name makes reference to Prince Rupert who came to Newark during the English Civil War to lead the Royalist troops to victory against the Parliamentarians.
Today, the beautifully-restored pub is full of cosy snugs, wooden beams and period furniture – including impressive church pews and a traditional wooden bar. Despite its age, the building is incredibly light and has been tastefully decorated with muted colours and